We are committed to taking reasonable steps toward protecting your privacy online and to managing your information in compliance with the National Privacy Principles, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
The Sellers have contracted with And Other Brands Limited (“AOB”) to:
- develop, host, and maintain the Site; and
- operate the relevant shopping areas of the Site and related ecommerce features and functionalities (the “Shopping Areas”) for the purposes of facilitating transactions between you and each of the sellers.
From time-to-time, the Sellers or AOB may provide you with communications about your order, or otherwise concerning information you might be interested in receiving, such as e-mails about loyalty rewards, sales, special items, and general marketing information about the products and services the Sellers provide.
Why We Collect Information:
We collect personal information because we need it to deliver products and services to our customers. For example, if you order a product, we need to have information such as your billing address, age, product choice, delivery information, and payment processing information. In addition, your personal information helps us provide you with details about the latest products, special offers, and information and events about which you might like to hear.
We also collect your personal information to help us design and deliver Site operations, and to deliver targeted advertisements to you. We may correlate your personal information obtained from you with information from other sources, which may help us to develop a more targeted user profile concerning you and/or your demographic information. For example, if you provide us with your personal information, we may cross-check that against information that might be otherwise available through other entities with whom we have business relationships in order to develop a more in-depth demographic profile of you. Similarly, we may process personal information to target specific items of interest to you. We know that everyone is busy, and nobody likes their email cluttered up with junk mail and as such we will only send you marketing messages if you choose to receive them from us. If you decide that you no longer want to receive our emails you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking and selecting the ‘Unsubscribe’ facility locate at the bottom of our emails.
What Information We Collect:
You have no obligation to provide any personal information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with the goods and services that depend on the collection of that information.
When you shop at the Shopping Area, we will collect the information necessary to complete your order, such as your name, e-mail address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card number and/or debit card number) and billing address. You may also choose to provide us with your gender and birth date, as well as other information that you might submit. If you create an account, we will collect information about your purchases and payment methods, as well as the shipping addresses that you add to your address book, in order to make future shopping experiences faster and more convenient. We will use this information to process your transaction and dispatch your order.
We do not automatically collect your home address, e-mail address, telephone number, and product preferences unless you voluntarily input this information, such as during a registration or ordering process, or when you submit questions or comments, request information, or participate in online surveys, contests, promotions or other activities.
Even if you do not submit personal information through the Site, we gather navigational information about where visitors go on the Site and information about the technical efficiencies of the Site and services (i.e., time to connect to the website, time to download pages, etc.). This information allows us to see which areas of the Site are most visited and helps us better understand the user experience. This helps us improve quality by recognizing and delivering more of the features, areas, and services our visitors prefer. In this process of gathering information, we may collect personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information (for example, domain type, browser type and version, service provider and IP address, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click-stream data). We may also create and use electronic records to compile statistics about how our visitors collectively interact with the Site.
How We Collect Information:
We collect information in three primary ways:
1. You Give Us Information: We collect information from you when you purchase Goods using the Site, establish an account with us or when you generally interact with us about the Goods.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. You may also use commonly available tools in your browser to remove cookies which may have been placed onto your computer. We will not use FLASH cookies, unless you are specifically notified that we intend to use them for a specific service, and you are given the opportunity to opt-out from receiving such cookies. FLASH cookies are cookies that are placed on your computer that are not removed through normal browser management tools, but the developer of the FLASH programming language currently has an on-line management tool to allow you to remove these FLASH cookies.
We also work with third-party service providers that help us track, collect, and analyse this information. Third-party entities with whom we have agreements may place these devices on the website and/or in e-mails to use information obtained from them such as pages viewed, items purchased, e-mails opened and items upon which you may click in e-mails. These third-party providers may also place cookies onto your computer. Those third-party cookies may enable us to obtain aggregate demographic information and user statistics about you and your preferences from these third-party sources as well as our information we have about you.
Widgets and Server Logs:
A “widget” is generally an application that can be embedded in a web page. Widgets can provide real-time information to the page. Widgets are often provided by third-parties and we may provide widgets on the Site. Widgets may enable the third-parties that provide them to collect data about users visiting the Site. We may also obtain information shared with us through the providers of these widgets.
A web “server log” is a record of activity created by a computer that delivers certain web pages to your browser. Certain activities that you perform on the Site may record information in server logs, such as if you enter a search term into a search box located on the Site. The server log may record the search term, or the link you clicked on to bring you to the Site. The server log may also record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser.
Search Queries on Our Website:
We may provide you with options to search for information on the Site. If you enter information in a search query box, we may store that information and we may aggregate that information with other information we may have about the browser and/or IP address from which the search query originated.
How We Use the Information We Collect:
We use the information we collect in a variety of ways. Generally, using all of the above mentioned, and similar type tools, we may collect, aggregate, and use information from or about you such as data about the type of browser and operating system used, which web pages you view, the time and duration or your visits to our Site, the search queries you may use on the Site, whether you clicked on any advertisements, whether you have clicked on any links in any e-mails sent from us, or third-parties on our behalf, whether you have chosen to opt-out of certain services or information sharing, and whether you have viewed or ordered certain products or services.
We share the information we collect with the Sellers, in order to allow them to provide you with Goods and reporting.
We use the information we collect internally in our business for many business purposes, such as to:
- provide the products or services you may order, including processing orders and returns;
- analyze trends and conduct research about improving our products and services;
- provide support and respond to questions from customers and visitors;
- improve the Site, products or services;
- learn about customers’ needs;
- contact consumers for research, informational, and marketing purposes, including customising our product recommendations to you based upon your information and purchases;
- track traffic patterns and site usage;
- enable online ordering and provide customer service with respect to such orders;
- correlate information with other commercially available information to identify demographics and preferences to assist us in our marketing efforts;
- provide specific relevant marketing, promotional, or other information to you;
- address information security and/or privacy practices control, network functioning, engineering, and troubleshooting issues;
- comply with law, or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law, or otherwise to disclose information to prevent fraud to reduce credit risks, to cooperate with police and other governmental authorities, or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors to the website or the public; and
- process or engage in a sale of all or part of our business, or if we go through a reorganisation or merger.
- We may also share personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information externally with other third-party service providers, which might include, but is not necessarily limited to:
- the companies who handle our order dispatch service and our delivery company;
- business entities that provide e-mail address management and communication contact services;
- network equipment and application management providers and hosting entities;
- credit and debit card payment gateways and processors and the issuing and acquiring banks involved in the funds settlement procedures necessary to charge your cards or financial accounts;
- entities which obtain information such as demographic information which might be aggregated with information we have about you;
- judicial, administrative and/or legal or financial accounting providers in the event that information must be reviewed or released in response to civil and/or criminal investigations, claims, lawsuits, or if we are subject to judicial or administrative process (such as a subpoena) to release your information or to prosecute or defend legal actions; and
Generally, we will seek to enter into written agreements with these third-parties, and we may generally attempt to place contractual restrictions on these third-parties from further transmitting your personal information outside of the uses and processing necessary to fulfill their contracts with us. We will only provide these third parties with the information which they need to carry out their jobs.
Subject to applicable laws, including the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth), we may use your personally identifiable information to contact you in ways other than e-mail or regular mail, such as via telephone contact and/or mobile messaging and texts to your mobile phone through SMS. If you do not want us to communicate with you in these ways you can tell us or let us know by clicking the unsubscribe link located in our messages.
We may also share your personal information with third parties if disclosure of the information is permitted or authorised by law.
Some elements on the Site, such as any sponsored links advertising, are supplied to us by third parties under contract. We may supply some of the information we collect from you to those third parties so that they can provide those elements for display.
We may share the following information with such third parties:
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- the address of the last URL you visited prior to clicking through to the Site;
- your browser and platform type;
- your browser language;
- the data in any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us; and
- the search queries or word look-ups you submit.
Your Choices about the Information We Collect:
If you do not consent to the way in which we may use your personal information, please do not submit any personal information to us. If you do not wish to receive e-mails about special offers, new fashion trends, contests and other promotions from us, then click the unsubscribe link located in our e-mails. If you do not wish for us to share your personal information for any promotional or marketing purposes, please contact us and inform us of your wishes. Please provide enough information for us to determine the nature of your request.
Transfer of Information Overseas:
When visiting the Site your connection will be through and to servers located in the United Kingdom. All information you receive from us will be created on servers located in the United Kingdom, and all information you provide will be maintained on web servers and systems located in the United Kingdom. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is given the same privacy protection in the United Kingdom as it receives in Australia.
By using the Site and/or submitting information to us, you specifically consent to the transfer of your information to the United Kingdom to the facilities and servers we use, and to those with whom we may share your information (as disclosed above).
Updating Personal Information:
We prefer to keep your personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you would like to change your contact information, please visit www.andotherbrands.com and update your personal information there.
We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in the limited circumstances recognised by privacy law). If you require access to your personal information, please contact AOB using the contact details provided above. Before we provide you with access to your personal information we will require some proof of identity. We may charge a reasonable fee to cover the costs of retrieving and providing you with the personal information you request.
For your convenience, the Site may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, advertising, products, or the content of such other websites. None of the links should be deemed to imply that we endorse or have any affiliation with the links. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
AOB believes in providing a safe and secure experience for all of our online visitors. To that end, AOB has taken reasonable steps to implement security measures to protect your personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. We use a 128-bit SSL encrypted secure internet connection to protect your payment details. Your computer should automatically allow the opening of the secure connection when you place your order. This means that all the details you supply and any responses are encrypted before they are sent over the internet.
Please note that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored and utilized for business purposes can be guaranteed to be completely secure. No security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot guarantee that only authorised persons will view your information. We cannot ensure that information you share on the Site will not become publicly available. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up to date antivirus software.
Questions / Changes in Policy: